Our mission is to improve the lives of individuals in Northeast Ohio with hearing loss by providing access to hearing healthcare for those who are unable to afford it on their own and, in turn, allowing them to enhance the community through their service to others.
1 in 5 Americans suffers from hearing loss to an extent that interferes with communication. We believe no one should miss out on participating fully in life because of hearing loss. Untreated hearing loss has a devastating impact on individuals, families, and communities. Sadly, even Medicare does not cover any of the costs of treating hearing loss, nor do many health insurance plans.
Hearing the Call is a nonprofit campaign bringing hope and healing to the hearing-impaired. Through quality healthcare, we help people connect with family, education, and opportunities.
- Reduced Fee, Sliding Scale Hearing Clinic for families with incomes up to 250% Federal Poverty Level
- Hearing Aid Donation Program collects used hearing aids for use on missions, non-profit work, repairs or credit towards better technology
- Loaner Hearing Aid Program for Cancer and Hospice patients
- International Hearing Missions
Our Give Back Model
Qualified participants will show proof of financial need, pay a small fee for their hearing devices, and give back volunteer hours in their community as a way to say “Thank you” to the local companies, families, and friends that are donating for their care.
- Diagnosed with a Hearing Loss
- Lives in the State of Ohio
- Must pay $150.00 per device (used device that is refurbished with a 1-year warranty)
- Must complete 20 hours of community service at an approved location
- Must have representative sign-off on completed eligibility hours
- Household income must fall below (proof of household income is required)
- Household of 1 = $32,000
- Household of 2 = $43,550
- Household of 3 = $54,900
- Household of 4 = $66,250
- Household of 5 = $77,600
- Household of 6 = $88,950
- Household of 7 = $100,300
- Household of 8 = $111,650
Thank you for your interest in the Hearing the Call campaign in partnership with Northeast Ohio. Your donation will go to Hearing the Call, a 501(c)(3) organization, and will be restricted to the Northeast Ohio project. The funds for this project will be used specifically to help promote hearing healthcare to qualified individuals in Ohio.
Each donation, no matter the size, will help to get us one step closer to providing access to quality and affordable hearing healthcare to those who would otherwise go without.
Thank you for your generous partnership!
IMPORTANT: Please note that your donation will go to Hearing the Call Northeast Ohio.
8007 Auburn Road
Concord Township, OH 44077